TV Review Pages

Monday, April 28, 2008

American Idol - Neil Diamond Mentors The Top 5 4/29/08

What Neil Diamond Songs Do You Think The
American Idol Top 5 Should Sing?

The American Idol Top 5 contestants are mentored by Neil Diamond this week, so I thought I would come up with a list of what I would like to hear them sing.

At least the kids have a decent library of songs able to be brought back in a pop genre. Neil Diamond has a huge list of songs to look over, though I just know it will be the same cover tunes of the previous weeks. Hopefully David Archuleta will continue his pick of more obscure songs for our listening pleasure.

So let's get right to it, this is what I think the AI Top 5 contestants should sing on Tuesday night:

Syesha Mercado - "Hello"
Syesha can choose any Neil Diamond song she wants, this girl can sing. The problem is her fan base. I chose this song for Syesha because she is so theatrical I think she can really put a feeling behind this song.

Brooke White - "Song Sung Blue"
Brooke should have gone home weeks ago, but since we have to continue to listen to her she may as well know the words. I think their are only about 10 words in this entire song. Just get through it on the first try, please.

David Achuleta - "Robert E. Lee"
This song from the movie The Jazz Singer is just what little David A. needs to pick up his song tempo and get the crowd going (more than screaming girls). My guess would be that we may see David A. attempt "Cracklin' Rosie", but I hope not. While David A. can sing anything, I don't think this song suits him.

David Cook - "Solitary Man"
I don't think David Cook will actually choose this song, but I do think that it suits his style and attitude. This song is ready for a good rock version. I will be interested to see what David C. attempts, I so hope it's not "America" from The Jazz Singer. I am afraid this would make David C. appear even more arrogant than he already seems to many young fans.

Jason Castro - "Red Wine"
This was so easy it was funny, we all said it at once! If Jason chooses another song I think he is giving up his strength. Jason Castro almost has to treat us to a UB40 like version of this Reggae favorite. Jason C. needs a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment