TV Review Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

What’s on Network TV Tonight? (9/23/10)

The Big ban Theory using simple typefaced fontImage via Wikipedia
After last night’s network TV line up I don’t know if I can take another night full of premieres. Too bad! Here comes another great night of new episodes on all four networks.

ABC:
8/7c: My Generation - Pilot episode
Where reality TV and written TV meld into one. My Generation is a new drama is about a high school class at their 10th reunion. The group is revisited by a crew from a documentary filming the ‘what ever happened to...’ sort of thing. It may be worth a try, but I don’t know a single person in the cast.

9/8c: Grey’s Anatomy - Season premiere
The only long running medical drama, Grey's Anatomy comes back for season seven. You know all the players!


10/9c: Private Practice - Season premiere
Back for its fourth season, Private Practice picks off where it left off last season. I’ve never seen this show, and it looks like a serial drama that would take a while to catch up with.

CBS:
8/7c: The Big Bang Theory - Season premiere
Going up against NBC’s comedy line up, The Big Bang Theory kicks off prime time on CBS. For the season four opener, Sheldon goes on a date. This should be fun!

8:30/7:30c: $#^! My Dad Says - Pilot episode
Straight from Twitter comes $#^! My Dad Says ... if you can’t say it, it might not be good. I’ll give this show a try (Shatner’s in it, so it’s a coin flip for good/bad). I have yet to laugh at any of the previews though. I think CBS is just in it for the name.

9/8c: CSI: Criime Scene Investigation - Season premiere
One of the best written cop shows on network TV returns for an 11th season. Justin Bieber is guest starring. I’ll forgive them since it appears young Bieber is headed for the pokey! I believe he is being jailed for starting a bad hair trend...maybe not. We also find out the condition of Ray (Lawrence Fishburne), after being stabbed at the end of last season.

10/9c: The Mentalist - Season premiere
The Mentalist returns for a third season. The opener has Jane questioning his place on the team. Sorry, I’ve never been a fan of this show.

NBC:
8/7c: Community - Season premiere
Betty White steps in as a nutty professor on the second season opener of Community. Need I say more? Betty White!

8:30/7:30c: 30 Rock - Season premiere
Matt Damon guest stars on the season five premiere of 30 Rock. If you like the show, you won’t be disappointed.

9/8c: The Office - Season premiere
Kathy Bates returns for the season seven premiere of The Office. Pam pulls a prank on the staff to impress Jim. Same old office... and we love them for it.

9:30/8:30c: Outsourced - Pilot episode
The new sitcom about training the people in India for outsourced positions airs its ugly head tonight. Sorry, saw a friend do this (train her own replacements in India), so its not quite as funny to me. Think I’ll skip this one.

10/9c: The Apprentice - New episode
The second week of The Apprentice will hopefully be as fun as the first. This week the hopefuls will be tasked with selling ice cream in the streets of New York. I predict a women’s victory, they always do better in street sales it seems. Look for another nasty boardroom!
Catch up here: The Apprentice Premiere: The Recession Season

FOX:
8/7c: Bones - Season premiere
This is the season six opener for Bones. Starting six months after the team went its separate ways, they are all called back to Washington for a case.

9/8c: Fringe - Season premiere
If you liked The X-Files, you will like Fringe. In the third season opener Olivia tries to free herself from an alternate reality while her double works in real time. Sound freaky enough for ya? Set the DVR or watch Fringe online to catch up if you can.

Another busy night on network TV, there should be something for everyone. So what are you watching tonight on TV?



Copyright @ 2008 TV Review
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. I'll be NBC'ing it tonight.
    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wound up on NBC for most of the night too. I did record CSI though, so I can watch it later. Thanks for the comment, and have a great night Felicia!

    ReplyDelete