TV Review Pages

Monday, September 14, 2009

America's Got Talent: Final Performances 9/14/2009

Finally night is finally here on America's Got Talent! With Susan Boyle as a guest on the 2hr finale, this should be a fun show. I hope they all do well, I like all the acts this season.

My dark horse pick is Drew Stevyns, so I hope he brings it tonight. He will have his hands full with Lawrence Beeman and Kevin Skinner as the other male vocalists on AGT.

My absolute favorite act this season on AGT is Recycled Percussion. They have surprised me with every performance. I think they would be the most obvious choice for a Las Vegas show and could definitely rock the house for 90 minutes.

Here is how it went down:

Voices of Glory: "Greatest Love of All" by Whitney Houston
The boys took the judges advice and bowed to their talented little sister. This little 9 year old is a great singing talent. This song was a little too big for her, but they were still strong. It was one of their better harmonies too.

Hairo Torres: Music montage
While I would love to watch Hairo Torres for hours dancing his ass off. He did really well, but I think he got a little sloppy in the middle. Okay, he was spinning on his head... but if you are a pro, you do it perfectly. Hairo Torres has huge potential, but I agree with Piers. I don't think he did enough. I liked Hairo with the group, he really stood out as a star.

Lawrence Beeman: "You're the First, My Last, My Everything" by Barry White
Lawrence Beeman went with his strengths tonight. It showed. He looked relaxed. I still was not crazy about the song choice, it was a little boring. Lawrence has a real chance at winning though. He just needs to work on his stage presence.

Barbara Padilla: Opera (sorry)
Barbara Padilla is the shoe in to win this America's Got Talent season. It's going to come down to the country music lovers vs the opera lovers. Now which ones do you think watch more AGT? Either way Barbara Padilla will no doubt sign with any opera company she wants after this.

Fab Five:
This dance group of sisters are truly talented. They could be the surprise ending for AGT. I hate the 80's outfits, but the dancing is great. I think they could easily fill a 90 minute time slot. The Fab Five definitely put a younger feel to this act and I thought it worked again for them.

Texas Tenors: "My Way" by Frank Sinatra
Well I said it may come down to opera fans vs country music fans. What does that mean for three opera singing cowboys. The Texas Tenors are a strong group, but I don't think they have enough to win.

Drew Stevyns: "I'll Stand By You" by the Pretenders
Drew Stevyns is a cross between Rob Thomas and Chris Daughtry, two of my favorites. I think he picked a great song for his voice and milked it for all he could. I would buy a Drew Stevyns CD. Sharon Osborne with the comment of the night "your trousers could be a bit tighter", and "no it's a compliment, shows I've been looking at his... stuff all night!"

Grandma Lee: Comedy
No doubt about it, Grandma Lee is out of this race unless America does some strange voting tonight after AGT. She is pretty funny, but not 90 minutes in Vegas funny. I think Grandma Lee will do great on the talk show circuit. Best joke "Piers is sweating like Ryan Seacrest watching Broke Back Mountain". Oh, and she came out very pregnant. Piers called her a "shameless little hussy"... who needs Paula and Simon.

Kevin Skinner: "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" by Aerosmith
Surprising song choice for Kevin Skinner, the chicken farmer turned country singer. Kevin had a great start, but he lost his glow a few weeks ago for me. I think this was his worst performance. It sounded flat throughout the song. Too bad, I like Kevin Skinner. I have no idea what the judges heard, but it was not what I heard.

Recycled Percussion: "Wipeout"
Loved it from the start! This is the perfect start for this noise band. I was a little disappointed with the ending, but it was awesome. This is the act that is built for a Vegas stage show right now. With two drummers drumming, one guitarist whaling and a DJ.... add water and fire, what's not to love? These guys still get my vote!

That's it, now go vote! Vote Now

No comments:

Post a Comment