TV Review Pages

Monday, August 2, 2010

Last Comic Standing: The Top 5 Comics

Tonight Last Comic Standing bid good-bye to Jonathan Thymius. I'm not sure if Thymius was sad, or just normal. He stood, looking like a stoned Archie Bunker, said a few slow words and wondered off stage. The final five comics to take the LCS stage were Roy Wood Jr., Myq Kaplan, Tommy Johnagin, Mike Destefano and Felipe Esparza.

All the comedians brought their funny tonight. It was the first time this season that I got a hard laugh from every single set. Of course, there were some standouts. My favorite three contenders all had memorably funny sets.
I still think the finals of LCS this season will be Roy Wood Jr., Myq Kaplan and Tommy Johnagin. Tommy Johnigan is really sneaking up as my favorite now (he's sneaky like that).

Mike Destefano had a really strong set tonight, he may be the spoiler this season. I think it will be Filipe Esparza that leaves us next week. He is hard to understand and was not nearly as funny as the rest tonight.

Ron White closed the show tonight with a guest appearance. This was the funniest that network TV is allowed to be in prime time. 

My favorite LCS joke of the night: the conversation Tommy Johnagin had with his girlfriend after hitting a deer at 70mph,  "Thank God we're all right!" "I'm not thanking God, a deer is one of his creatures and he just threw it at us."


Who are you hoping comes back next week? Leave me a comment!

Copyright @ 2008 TV Review

No comments:

Post a Comment